• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

your most comfortable place to eat is?

Strange, But I'd say at the table - eating on the sofa etc always turns into a stuggle for balancing.

But I very rarely do. I think my housemates would think I was a bit strange and antisocial if I did - it is in the corner of our kitchen, or we have one in the living room, but it is always covered in mail and an assortment of laptops.

Oh, apart from ice cream. You eat ice cream on the sofa.

I love animals.

They are delicious.

We usually eat at our kitchen peninsula, on stools. And, though I hate to admit it, the TV is often on, though we are usually talking over it. If Wheel of Fortune is on, though, we all watch - Dylan is learning her letters, and that's a great show for that.

Our dining room is very formal, so we eat there when there are more than 3 of us, but it's much harder to clean up toddler spills and messiness in that room.

When I'm dining alone, I do so in front of the TV or a book, or sometimes in bed, especially if I'm eating comfort food. I love eating in bed.

Danielle Altshuler Wiley

a.k.a. Foodmomiac

I love eating on the couch in front of the tv. I didn't grow up this way; we always ate at the table-no tv allowed. But I like how relaxed it is at the end of the day.

"I just hate health food"--Julia Child

Jennifer Garner

buttercream pastries