• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Easter in NJ 2005

Rosie

dining at the SO's house, per (enjoyable) usual. i'll be bringing over two or three vegetable dishes (which i haven't selected, but will do tonight or tomorrow).

last year, we had an easter egg hunt for the adult children. it was highly competitive, and as a result, is discontinuted for this year. ;)

cheers :)

hc

Ah... I missed this topic - here's my Easter post-mortem.

Instead of going out for Easter dinner, we ate at home. My wife and I had just come back from vacation the week prior, and, after hanging out with some old friends of mine from England, was inspired to cook a traditional English Sunday Roast.

This time it was Roast Leg of Lamb, vegetables, roast potatoes (which always seem to surprise people who haven't had them before), Yorkshire puddings (really supposed to be served with Roast Beef, but I love them with any roast!), served with gravy and mint sauce.

Dinner was followed by the mandatory post-Sunday-dinner 2 hour nap ;)

We wound up going to Hard Grove on Grove St. in Jersey City, which seems to have good Cuban food - I'm no expert but I liked it. They had chickens & ducks & rabbits running around the place for the occasion, it was very farmlike & festive!

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845

We wound up going to Hard Grove on Grove St. in Jersey City, which seems to have good Cuban food - I'm no expert but I liked  it.  They had chickens & ducks & rabbits running around the place for the occasion, it was very farmlike & festive!

Is that legal? Would the health department be concerned if they knew?

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

We wound up going to Hard Grove on Grove St. in Jersey City, which seems to have good Cuban food - I'm no expert but I liked  it.  They had chickens & ducks & rabbits running around the place for the occasion, it was very farmlike & festive!

Is that legal? Would the health department be concerned if they knew?

Oh jeez, I've let the rabbit out of the bag. Well it's hardly a secret.

Have you been to Hard Grove? The floor is covered with dirt & straw. It's a funky place to begin with.

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845