• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mailing Lists

mikeycook

I keep a small personal collection and I have started signing up for mailing lists from some of the California producers to get an allocation. Some keep their minimums low, but I recently got an allocation from Kistler and saw that there was a minimum of 12 bottles. In order to keep this affordable, I can't afford to buy 12 bottles (even if it is Kistler). Are there local wine clubs where members can get together to share allocations? I would hate to lose the opportunity to get a few bottles.

"If the divine creator has taken pains to give us delicious and exquisite things to eat, the least we can do is prepare them well and serve them with ceremony."

~ Fernand Point

Hey John, I am trying to send you email, but the mail is coming back to me undeliverable. Something about you being over quota...

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

Hey John, I am trying to send you email, but the mail is coming back to me undeliverable. Something about you being over quota...

Back under quote now. Send away.

"If the divine creator has taken pains to give us delicious and exquisite things to eat, the least we can do is prepare them well and serve them with ceremony."

~ Fernand Point