• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Publik...RIP

merlin

Actually, the Publik is just down the road from Boston Pizza. Go past the BP, through the set of lights at the Superstore and it is on your right (at the intersection of Hwy 16 and Hwy 97). I just phoned and confirmed that they are open for lunch. I'm not sure what their lunch  menu looks like but I'm sure that it will be better than anything else you can get at that end of town while driving through.

I was very sad to see the Goode News Cafe shut down also.  :sad: They served great homemade soups and an interesting array of salads and sandwiches.

Wow - talk about assistance above & beyond - many thanks. As to the Goode News (thanks for the name recollection - d'oh!) - any word on the proprietors starting again? We were so sad to see it replaced by a snowboard shop... :wacko: