• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

GRiker

GRiker

Added more info

@pastrygirlThanks for the tip on a used one.  I requested to join the group.  Looks like there are two, one in Maine and one in Las Vegas. Not sure the frame sizes work so I’d have to buy more frames…

I also sent a message to the seller on Etsy. Agreed that in the video the frame doesn’t seem to clear but the customer images suggest that it does clear.  I’ll ask more when he responds. 

I noticed that the Etsy unit isn’t as deep as the Dedy either.  One reason deeper might be better is that the less parallel the wire is to the base because of a deeper axis  the less ganache is getting cut at the same time providing an easier cut.  Not sure how much difference it would make though. 

GRiker

GRiker

@pastrygirlThanks for the tip on a used one.  I requested to join the group. 

I also sent a message to the seller on Etsy. Agreed that in the video the frame doesn’t seem to clear but the customer images suggest that it does clear.  

I noticed that the Etsy unit isn’t as deep as the Dedy either but don’t actually see why the unit needs to be very deep.