• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Arthur Schwartz resigns from WOR

Rosie

We finally have the date nailed down: Upcoming eGullet Q&A with Arthur Schwartz

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I am responding to Menton1's comment about Arthur Schwartz seeming full of himself.

Arthur happens to be extremely down to earth and real. He is also a very brilliant and kind man.

I can say this honestly, as I have had the joy and pleasure of being on his show with him, sipping and talking wine for the last five years. I would certainly welcome

another five. I hope you get to meet him at one of his many up-coming book signings.  CAROL BERMAN, THE WINE CHICK

Wine Chick--Welcome to eGullet. So happy to see you posting here.

I agree that Arthur is a very knowlegdeable man and he is terribly missed. It's not the same without Food Talk with Arthur Schwartz. Actually the shows for the most part since Arthur left have been horrible and boring.

Your informative appearances and wine recommendations that I listened to on Wednesday's are also missed. How will I know what wine to buy for less than $15???? Don't be a stranger and feel free to post your wine recommendations on the eGullet wine board.

I will have information about Arthur's NJ appearances on Table Hopping With Rosie as well as the classes that you will be teaching on my Food Events page at http://www.njmonthly.com/rosie/fevent.html

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

• 1 month later...

For those who've been missing Arthur on the radio, this just in on the eGullet Q&A with Arthur Schwartz:

Starting Jan. 18, I will be on WWRL, 1600 AM, every Tuesday from 11 to noon.  I will be broadcasting from my kitchen table, which makes me happy.

Just a couple of days left to the Q&A, it is now open to follow-up questions, or just post something new for Arthur to answer. Like he doesn't have enough to do on Thanksgiving. :wink: