• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Andy Lynes Tours Vancouver & OK Valley

jamiemaw

Could you provide a little more information about the Hawksworth event in London? Sponsors, attendees etc?

And congratulations from all of us; to think that all of this was begun over cleansing ales in London at the beginning of the summer!

The Hawksworth event will be held in the theatre kitchen at Divertimenti in the Marylebone High Street in London and is being organised by the Canadian Tourist Commission. There are still details to be ironed out, but my understanding is that there will be around 20 food and travel journalists (and me!) and David will demonstrate a few dishes, and prepare a full meal for the audience. BC wines are being shipped over for the event by Vincorp.

When I met up with Jamie in the summer, from my point of view it was simply for a beer and a bite to eat and a chance to put a face to a name that had been responsible for some posts that had made me laugh out loud on more than one occasion.

It turned out to be a very productive meeting and Jamie has continued to be enourmously helpful and generous with his time, both while I was in Vancouver and while I have been trying to wrestle the mountain of information I aquired on my trip into something people might want to read. Cheers Jamie, I'm raising a cleansing ale to you as I type (damn, now I've spilled froth on my keyboard.....)

When I met up with Jamie in the summer, from my point of view it was simply for a beer and a bite to eat and a chance to put a face to a name . . .

Entirely my pleasure, Andy--hands across the sea and all that. And I look forward to seeing you in London in November at this interesting event.

Cheers,

Jamie

from the thinly veneered desk of:

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

www.vancouvermagazine.com

Foodblog: In the Belly of the Feast - Eating BC

"Profumo profondo della mia carne"

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
My column in the Independent on Sunday this week is about the Okanagan Valley. Feel free to tell what else I should have included - bearing in mind of course that I only had 350 words for the whole valley!

A meagre one word per kilometre. And I was shocked that you didn't mention Chez Jim Lakeside - "Where Important People Come to Dine, and Then Leave."

Edited by jamiemaw (log)

from the thinly veneered desk of:

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

www.vancouvermagazine.com

Foodblog: In the Belly of the Feast - Eating BC

"Profumo profondo della mia carne"