• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mario Eats Italy

Mario...let me say first that I ADORE your shows but Mario Eats Italy is my ABSOLUTE favorite. I taped them all and look at them regularly. I am Italian myself and even though I have been there many times...I learned SOOO much about Italy watching those shows. Will there be anymore of them as I consider you THE go to guy for all things Italian. I live in the Seattle area and I could not live without your father's cured meats. In fact HE is one of the reasons I moved here!

Your direct ...no nonsense approch to real Italian cooking is a pleasure to watch....especially all those little tid bits you throw in about Italian culture as well. I hope someday I get to eat at one of your resturants...or even a Friday dinner at Salumi.

Thanks so much for all your hard work....I do really appreciate your talent. I have learned so much. Would you ever consider opening an Italian wine store out here?

Liz

the draconian washington state liquor laws make beheading seem modern it is not a tolerable climate for me to operate in... but you have many fine wines from the eastern part of the state, come to ny state when you can to drink great italian, but drink locally out there in zillah mb