• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

26 minutes ago, Smithy said:

What do you like to use for freezing small portions when you have too much of something? All too often, I freeze things like excess broth in quart-sized containers, and still can't use it all. I need to cultivate more small-sized containers, or invest in a few extra ice cube trays.

I think this forum is at least all over Canada and the USA: buynothingproject.org  It's where I live and I do belong to the local chapter.  So when you need something like....small sized cottage cheese containers....or whatever...you ask on the forum and if someone in your area has them, then Bob's your Uncle.  I've received wonderful things using this forum...and also given our own things away to someone who is only too pleased to get them...like our collection of Chinese dishes and bowls no longer in use because we don't entertain any more.  

(I was about to thank you for pointing me in the direction of this thread...and then discovered that I already belonged.  Duh.)

Darienne

Darienne

18 minutes ago, Smithy said:

What do you like to use for freezing small portions when you have too much of something? All too often, I freeze things like excess broth in quart-sized containers, and still can't use it all. I need to cultivate more small-sized containers, or invest in a few extra ice cube trays.

I think this forum is at least all over Canada and the USA: buynothingproject.org  It's where I live and I do belong to the local chapter.  So when you need something like....small sized cottage cheese containers....or whatever...you ask on the forum and if someone in your area has them, then Bob's your Uncle.  I've received wonderful things using this forum...and also given our own things away to someone who is only too pleased to get them...like our collection of Chinese dishes and bowls no longer in use because we don't entertain any more.