• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

restaurants

peterdee

Thanks again for all of the suggestions. I ended up going to La Repaire de Cartouche and it was definitely a good choice. Since I was with someone from out of town, I wanted something that was more "old-school French" and La Repaire fit the bill. The setting is somewhat rustic and reminded me of something you might even find in the country-side, which was perfect. I started with a delicious steamed artichoke topped with baby spinach, a poached quail's egg and a creamy sauce, while my friend had foie gras. My main course was a perfectly roasted shoulder of lamb with white beans and roasted garlic and my friend had civet which he claimed was delicious as well. Unfortunately neither of us had room for dessert.

La Repaire de Cartouche

99 rue Amelot, 11th

01 47 00 25 86

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

If you are in the mood for couscous, Mansouria is not far away, and enjoyable. A bit loud, and probably more so on weekends.

We ate there a while back. The food was well executed and so was the service. We took our first born, then just a wee baby. So I can also add that they welcome children.

I can be reached via email chefzadi AT gmail DOT com

Dean of Culinary Arts

Ecole de Cuisine: Culinary School Los Angeles

http://ecolecuisine.com