• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trattoria Fresco, Caldwell 7/16

adegiulio

They will be there...they are already drinking...

Just for reference, they are Mike and Joanne :smile:

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

I'll be there next Friday and hopefully my girlfriend. I just need to double check with her. I'll let you know by the weekend. Looking forward and I hope it's a gorgeous night out.

C'mon, editting funny material before I have a chance to read it is no fair...Something tells me the word "gorgeous" was involved.. :wink::biggrin:

Why, why, WHY do I find you two so amusing?!? :laugh:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Why, why, WHY do I find you two so amusing?!? :laugh:

Must be our resemblance to Laurel and Hardy...or is it Abbott and Costello.. :biggrin:

An attendance update:

Me and Amy

Mr. & Mrs. Tommy

Evie with a possible guest

Cheryl and Rob

Nj2FLA and maybe his girlfriend

Rosie and Lowell

Mike and Joanne

Mark?? (dude, your signature line cracks me up...mmm...bacon)

Just a reminder that all eGullet gatherings are open to all posters. If you are new here this is a good oportunity to meet other "foodies."

And be sure to check out the posting on our Annual eGullet pig roast at

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=42256

This is a not to be missed event.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Funny that you mention this, Ant--I just started a thread on the eG Site Talk board re: my favorite eG signatures!!! If you've made more than 20 posts, you can check it out here: http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=46635

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

I'm game and will be there at 7pm...

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

Cool...for those keeping track...

Me and Amy

Mr. & Mrs. Tommy

Evie with a possible guest

Cheryl and Rob

Nj2FLA and maybe his girlfriend

Rosie and Lowell

Mike and Joanne

Mark

Frank n' Lindsay

Wow, we're up to 15, maybe 17 people...Keep 'em coming :smile:

Anthony

Yes. Everyone bring cash. Anthony-- how much is it with tax and tip?

Also, what wines will everyone be bringing? I should have a Turley in the basement and will also bring a reisling unless I find something else very interesting worthy of this crowd. :biggrin:

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Rosie, its 40 dollars before tax and tip. I don't know if they are including things like coffee, bottled water, soft drinks, and so on.

For wines, I haven't yet figured it out, but of course we will bring some White Turley. I'll bring some Cabernet and a tasty dessert wine called Braqetto d' acqui (I thnk I am spelling that wrong)...Its a sparkling wine that goes very well with chocolate...I'm sure we will bring some other random stuff too, but we like to go overboard... :biggrin::biggrin:

NJ, good to see you are bringing your girlfriend. I will make a point of seating you far away from Tommy. :cool::raz:

Tommy, Chuck mentioned he might come. When you know, send me a PM or just post here...

A

as for wines, i'm in for the usual suspects: a couple of bottles of prosecco to start, a bottle of pedro ximenez for dessert. and probably a few non-descript primitivo for the middle, because i love those big fat jammy freaks.

Edited by tommy (log)