• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trattoria Fresco, Caldwell 7/16

adegiulio

OK, we have a small problem. Thanks to a well timed PM from Rosie, I discovered that we didn't have a reservation for Friday night. There was a mis-communcation between one person I spoke to a few weeks ago and the manager. I also dropped the ball by not getting there sooner with a deposit. Anyway, we need to push dinner to 8pm. I stopped by there tonight to give them a deposit and square up all the details, but unfortunately they have another large table earlier.

So, its not the end of the world, just pushing things back an hour. If that creates any problems, let me know. For those who really want to start at seven, I'll tap a keg in my backseat and we will wait out front...

Which reminds me, parking is a bit tough because they don't have a parking lot. Park out in front on the street, around the corner, or in the PNC Bank lot (I think it's PNC). Don't park in the lot that says "No Restaurant Parking" which is right next to the restaurant. The bank is just before the restaurant (if you are coming from the Verona side) or just past the restaurant (if you are coming from the West Caldwell direction)

Confused yet??

A

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

that's going to put me well past my bedtime.

my only concern is that the tables won't be turned and we'll be sitting there til 8.30, etc. After your discussion with them today, did you get the feeling their heads are up their *sses and they don't really care all that much? or that they were going to do whatever it takes to accommodate us.

Edited by tommy (log)

Honestly Tommy, I get the impression that they will do whatever it takes to make us happy. I don't say that lightly, since I typically think most restauranteurs only think about themselves. In talking to the manager and chef (and enjoying a pizza, thanks guys!) I feel comfortable in the fact that they will do a great job...

Besides, I'll have a corkscrew handy. We can always get drunk and see who can stick their head furthest into the pizza oven...

A--You might want to send an e-mail to everyone who is coming just to be sure that they know it is at 8 PM.

Done...

And yes, it will be outside unless it rains. Then it will be in their other dining room...

Hello - I just joined egullet a few days ago, and this group sounds great. I am looking forward to the next get together (since I do not want to jump in at the last minute), and I'm hoping that my husband and I will be able to attend the pig roast in September.

Thanks!

"I can resist everything except temptation." Oscar Wilde

Phenom, I don't think its too late to join us tomorrow. If you want to come, just let me know...

Welcome to eG

Anthony

Sorry Tommy...just wear what you would wear to V. Green or Fascino...nothing fancy, but neat...

hey princess, this would probably be a pretty cool introduction to some of the freaks here on egullet. you shouldn't pass up this chance.

Okay, the other reason I am reluctant is that it is a bit of a drive from Hopewell (probably over an hour) and I have to work on Saturday morning (not too early, but still...).

Is anybody else coming from this area that is willing to carpool, or is everyone mostly in NNJ?

Thanks for the warm welcome!

"I can resist everything except temptation." Oscar Wilde

hey princess, this would probably be a pretty cool introduction to some of the freaks here on egullet.  you shouldn't pass up this chance.

Okay, the other reason I am reluctant is that it is a bit of a drive from Hopewell (probably over an hour) and I have to work on Saturday morning (not too early, but still...).

Is anybody else coming from this area that is willing to carpool, or is everyone mostly in NNJ?

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hey, I'm coming from down by Red Bank, so don't let distance be a deterrant. (well, working Saturday morning,,, I'll have to concede that one)

So, are the directions to this shindig still a secret?

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

Since it's buried early in the thread, I thought I'd repost this...the restaurant is at:

435 Bloomfield Ave

Caldwell, NJ

Tommy's right--Caldwell is one of those 'interior' towns--not RIGHT near any major highway, but it's not far off of Rt. 46 (Pine Brook/Fairfield) area. I'm in Lyndhurst, and usually end up going there one way and coming home another b/c I'm always sure that there's a more efficient route--but there isn't!! :raz:

And fwiw, this isn't far from Nori, so for those who have been there, you know which end of Bloomfield Ave to head to--closer to Passaic Ave. Best bet is to Mapquest it, but I'm happy to help if anyone wants to PM me.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Yeah, directions are pretty tough since not everyone is coming from the same place... :biggrin:

It's very easy to get to though...

Zeman, just let me know by tomorrow morning at the last, if and how many are coming....

=Mark--Restaurant is on Bloomfield Ave about 5 miles down the road from where Blue Sky was in Montclair. Might be best to get off at Bloomfield Ave exit from GSP in Bloomfield and just drive down Bloomfield Ave. See if map quest gives you better directions.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE