• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trattoria Fresco, Caldwell 7/16

adegiulio

I thought Tommy said Friday's weren't good...

I'm ok on these Thurs/Fridays:

7/1,2,8,16,22,23

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

GOODNESS...could it really be THAT simple??? :biggrin:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

We ate at Trattoria Fresco last night. Looks like a great place for some outdoor dining. I'll be calling them today to discuss menu options and other details. I'm thinking of starting with some antipasti, family style, followed by a pasta, then meat, then dessert. Any suggestions or additions?

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

It all sounds good to me!! I trust you, Ant-nee... :cool:

I'll either come alone or with the girlfriend. I live in Verona so it's close. I will be in (guess where) Florida on the 20-25th so that weekend would be out.

OK, just as a recap, here are the facts as they stand now...

Trattoria Fresco in Caldwell, Friday, July 16

Attendees

Me and Amy

Mr. & Mrs. Tommy

Evie

Cheryl and Rob

Nj2FLA and maybe his girlfriend (bring her, just don't seat her next to Tommy :biggrin: )

Finker99, hopefully you're still interested...

Kimmy, you posted but I didn't see you mention if you were coming or not...

I have been jammed at workthe last two days and haven't been able to call and set up the menu yet. I'll report back on that ASAP. Are there any allergic people out there I need to worry about. Is there anything that people just don't like that I should avoid? Also, what does everyone feel comfortable spending (you can PM me with this info if you want :rolleyes::raz: )

Cool...

Ant

OK, some more details...Spoke to the chef/owner on Sunday about the menu. He faxed over a menu to me.

Start with some hot apps and pizzas served family style. I like this idea...

Second would be a nice salad

Third would be a pasta course...he's suggesting pappardelle with porcini and arugula, finished with mascarpone and olive oil. Sounds tasty to me...

4th would be a Tuscan Skirt Steak with accompaniments...

then dessert, chocolate fondue and their zeppole...

$40 per person, sounds quite reasonable...If we are all game I'll bring him the 200 dollar deposit and we are good to go....

Ant

$40 per person, sounds quite reasonable...

Um, YAAAAAAH...it sure does, Anthony!! My vote is to go for it. Thanks again for making the arrangements! I'm in... :cool:

I looked and didn't find one. I think it should be a requirement for all restaurants... :smile:

We are a week and a half away from dinner in Caldwell. I'd like to try and nail down the attendance a little more, so if everyone who hasn't given me a definate yes or no, can you narrow it down for me...I'd like to be able to give them a rough number...

Thanks

A

7 or even 7:30 is fine for me...