• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Upstate NY Burgundy Dinner

GordonCooks

Delamotte NV Brut

1999 Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet

2001 Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet “Les Folatieres”

2001 Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru “Les Cazetiers”

2000 Domaine Dujac Clos de la Roche

2001 Kreydenweiss Riesling Clos Reberg Vendage Tardive

I'm looking forward to the Dujac and Kreydenweiss but I think the 2001s may be a little young

Spill the beans, not the wine.

Ooops

It's at Tastings (Wegmans - Pittsford, NY) this evening

It looks like a small venue (30-35) but there will be a few Rochester winos in attendance. I'm looking forward to talking a little to Sherwood Deutsch of Century Liquor. He probably has more burgundy that he's forgotten about than most wine store have seen.

Ooops

It looks like a small venue (30-35) but there will be a few Rochester winos in attendance. I'm looking forward to talking a little to Sherwood Deutsch of Century Liquor. He probably has more burgundy that he's forgotten about than most wine store have seen.

GordonCooks,

If you see Sherwood, again, tell him Phil Ward, formerly of Lauber Imports, says Hello! And also to Mike Misch.

His "closet" behind the office astounded me every time I was privileged to go in it.

Truly amazing inventory of French wines.

I have never met a miserly wine lover

Ooops

GordonCooks,

If you see Sherwood, again, tell him Phil Ward, formerly of Lauber Imports, says Hello! And also to Mike Misch.

His "closet" behind the office astounded me every time I was privileged to go in it.

Truly amazing inventory of French wines.

Lauber? - did you work with Scott Wilcove? We must know a lot of the same people. I know a few people at Universal who regale me with Mike Misch stories. You're right about the back room.

Edited by GordonCooks (log)