• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chiu's at Harbor East, Baltimore

zarate

We've been to Chiu's (in the Whole Foods building, Harbor East) and enjoyed it immensely. Get the Dragon Ball if it is a special. Has anyone else been here and have a report? Want to make sure it's not a fluke.

And what are other options for Sushi in Baltimore? We have been in Kawasaki in Fells Point and were disappointed. Just not that fresh. I am ashamed to admit I have not yet been to Matsuri, but we have plans. Any others?

I've been to Chiu's for lunch several times and it has been very good each time, so I don't think it was a fluke.

Try Kawasaki on N Charles St. I always find they have very fresh fish and the sushi chefs know what they are doing. Matsuri in Federal Hill is good, but has never knocked my socks off.

If you get a chance to make it out to the county, try Edo Sushi in Cockeysville. Very good Sushi and gets on Baltimore Magazine's 'Best Of' list every year.