• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

May is Books & Bites Month

menton1

The Bergen County Library System is celebrating 25 years of existence by coordinating with over 35 restaurants in the county by offering no-strings discounts for the month of May. Just present your library card, and they take 15% right off the bill. Some decent places on the list, including the Egullet-much-revered China 46 in Ridgefield! Participating Restaurant List

Thanks for the info Menton1. Can I borrow your library card? :biggrin:

I believe any library will issue a card while you wait, in 5 minutes, Rosie. Just go in to the one in the town where you reside.

And, also on this list is Anthony David's in Hoboken, and Cafe Matisse in Rutherford. Not places where you would expect to see a discount!

I don't live in Bergen County.

In reading the promo, they don't specify Bergen County; as a matter of fact, Anthony David's is in Hoboken; (Hudson County) and I believe the cooperative library system extends throughout most of Northern NJ.

Ah, my BC library card may actually come in handy!! :biggrin:

Thanks for the info, Menton!

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."