• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

NYC marriage proposal

lemonice1

Quote: from mogsob on 3:44 pm on Oct. 31, 2001

Savoy -- great little bar upstairs (for doing the deed) and a romantic country inn-type setting.

Some good suugestions from mogsob, and I especially concur with Alison on Dominick.  I have, however, found Savoy to be too cramped almost to eat, let alone propose.  If you do the deed in the tiny upstairs bar, you may have to face a round of applause.  or maybe several acceptances!

• 1 month later...

Like Macrosan, I was thinking of suggesting the River Cafe. I've been there only once so far, for an absolutely wonderful restaurant-week lunch, so I was unsure what dinner there would cost (their regular lunch menu didn't seem outrageous, with entrees in the high teens and low 20s IIRC), but the view is breathtaking and unforgettable, and I say this as a native New Yorker who works in Downtown Brooklyn and has walked over the Brooklyn Bridge numerous times.

Let us know what you do, and good luck!!!

Michael aka "Pan"