• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Attention Old Dominion fans, IT'S HERE!

LJDolan

Old Dominion has just bottled their oak barrel stout. I'll be picking some up later today (It's about 2AM Sunday), to see how it compares to the tap version.

LJ;

Please report back after you've tasted it. Would also be interested in where you found it. Thanks.

THW

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more Champagne." John Maynard Keynes

Old Dominion has just bottled their oak barrel stout. I'll be picking some up later today (It's about 2AM Sunday), to see how it compares to the tap version.

The OD Oak Barrell is one of the finest beers, if you can even call it that, that I've ever experienced. I will be heading down to State Line Liquors in Elkton, MD, as soon as they have a case.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

The OD Oak Barrell is one of the finest beers, if oyu can even call it that, that I've ever experienced. I will be heading down to State Line Liquors in Elkton, MD, as soon as they have a case.

Rick,

They already have it there at State Line. I noticed it there Saturday night on my way home from a pro wrestling show in Newport, DE. I got other stuff there figuring I could get the Oak Barrel at the brewery Sunday.

I went to the brewery to be told that 100% of the cases were sent to the distributors. I then went to the local Total Wine and More (Total Beverage) only to be told that they have npt receoved it yet. Hopefully, Chevy Chase will have it when I go there on my way into work.

Update 4/05: Get it ASAP. I got the last case at Chevy Chase Wine and Spirits.

Edited by LJDolan (log)

I just got back from the Total Wine and More in McLean, VA, and they have six cases left and didn't know when they were expecting more. The manager opined that this was replacing some other beer in Dominion's line, but wasn't sure.

THW

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more Champagne." John Maynard Keynes

I just got back from the Total Wine and More in McLean, VA, and they have six cases left and didn't know when they were expecting more. The manager opined that this was replacing some other beer in Dominion's line, but wasn't sure.

THW

Not replacing anything. Just another bottled offering in the OD line.

LJ;

Please report back after you've tasted it. Would also be interested in where you found it. Thanks.

THW

I just got done with my first bottle of Oak Barrel Stout. As far as duplicating the taste in a bottle, I'd put them about 8.5-9.0 out of 10.

Edited by LJDolan (log)