• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pressure Cooker Recipes

AzRaeL

Anyone tried a roux in the pressure cooker?

roux in a jar

I'm game to pressure cook just about anything but ... I can do a roux in about 5 minutes the old way.

I don't understand what problem is being solved by pressure cooking flour and fat in a jar for 90 minutes.

Ciao,

L

P.S. Someone just invented wireless bicycle breaks. Only problem is... when the battery runs out they do not respond. Some things really don't need to be "improved" by technology!!

Edited by pazzaglia (log)

hip pressure cooking - making pressure cooking hip, one recipe at a time!

Yea, I don't quite understand what is to be gained by pressure cooking a jar of blonde roux. Now, if you were able to pressure cook up a jar of dark cajun-style roux, that would really have some usefulness because making dark roux takes some doing and it would be nice to be able to throw a spoonful of dark roux into things whenever the mood strikes. But I doubt that a pressure cooker gets hot enough for that.

--