• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

I use a mini-blender. 

rather classic . . . olive oil+yolk+white wine vinegar+dijon+garlic+anchovy filets x 3-4 or more....I like 'em

but I don't add the parm to the dressing - I grate it off a block at home.  no green can stuff.

sprinkle on romain prior to dressing.

curiously ... of late I have been using extra virgin olive oil (Kirkland).  it quite noticeably makes for thicker/creamier than my usual olive oil.

don't know why or the mechanics of it - but it makes a serious difference.

edit to add:  the mustard acts as an emulsification "aid" - I don't recommend going light on the Dijon.

AlaMoi

AlaMoi

I use a mini-blender. 

rather classic . . . olive oil+yolk+white wine vinegar+dijon+garlic+anchovy filets x 3-4 or more....I like 'em

but I don't add the parm to the dressing - I grate it off a block at home.  no green can stuff.

sprinkle on romain prior to dressing.

curiously ... of late I have been using extra virgin olive oil (Kirkland).  it quite noticeably makes for thicker/creamier than my usual olive oil.

don't know why or the mechanics of it - but it makes a serious difference.