• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ostrich

ktbear7476

I went out to Soho in New Brunswick the other night and had the most delicous ostrich!!

I was wondering where I could buy some to make for myself at home...My first thought was Wegmans does anyone know if they carry it...And if not, where I can get some so I can chef it up at home!!!

Thanks!! :smile:

Tim Shafer's Cuisine in Morristown had Ostrich on the menu the last time I ate there. It was served in a similar fashion to filet mignon and I remember thinking that for less money I'd rather eat the filet. If you go to Tim Shafer's make sure to have the calamari and kalamata olive appetizer. Simply awesome.

The Stop and Shop I go to (Lyndhurst) sells ostrich filets.

Took the words right outta my mouth!

Howdy neighbor!

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845