• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Saveur 100's #1 is Philly!

tim olivett

I picked up Saveur Magazine's annual 100 issue and was happily surprised to find the opening page of the article to feature 4 pages of photos and text on Philadelphia's high & low cuisine.

Just thought you'd like to know, if you hadn't seen it yet!

Edited by tim olivett (log)

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

I always look forward to the Saveur 100 -- just to see if there is anything I've missed out on or am ahead-of-the game on.

A few disappointments this year were the preponderance of breakfasts (like FOUR of them or something -- including COLD PIZZA?).

Woo-hoo! Thanks for posting this Tim!

All of us hard working restaurant professionals in this town knew this all along though, didn't we? :biggrin:

Edit to add: OK - I just ran across the street to Barnes & Noble and picked up the magazine. Very nice mentions in it and great photos too! Also very cool that we're the No. 1 thing listed in the top 100. "Most Underrated American Food Town". Yeah - I'll buy that. :smile:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol