• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

US Film Producer Invests in Israeli wines

Craig Camp

Eliaz Binyamina was consudered amongst the worst wineries in Israel. With foreign investments coming in [Mr. Lerner], new wines are showing a big improvement and now they may be considred of avarage quality.

The new winemaker Sason Ben-Aharon, had been around for a while assisting different wineries. He is a very nice gentelman and is very aware of the importance of quality grapes.

Sason had been in Benyamina [Eliaz] for three years. 2002 he was assisting a less talented Amram Soratsky and serving as chief winemaker in the last two years.

He makes his own wines and advices other wineries, doing a good job so far.

The investment came in terms of new equipment new french oak and a new attitude towards the vine.

I will happily update on their newly released wines the moment I will translate the local labels to what is displayes in the US market, if requested.

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.

Andre, as you know I'm always interested in the Israeli wine scene. Particularly the kosher wines.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs