• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gazpacho

Basilgirl

I have some yummy gazpacho sitting in my fridge. I want to finish it up tonight but am stumped as to what to have with it. In the past I've done tomato bruschetta (overkill), corn fritters (too much work I'm tired), or just plain bread.

Help me out here.

:wacko:

I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

I'll sometimes put a few pieces of buffalo mozarella on top. Serve with fresh bread or crostini. Some grilled shrimp.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

But I have no buffalo mozzarella, fresh bread, or shrimp. :angry:

And I'm too lazy to stop at the store. I was thinking bread and cheese though :smile: - there's a ciabatta in the freezer and some fontina in the fridge.

Hm. Sure. You could make frito with the fontina.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Personally, I would not mess around too much with the Gazpacho... I like the idea of some good croutons. Eat some cheese and bread on the side as a tapa and have some red wine (Hopefully a Rioja or Ribera del Duero)... You would have an excellent dinner.

Good luck

Alex

One of my favorite things to serve with gazpacho is a nice potato frittata (potato, onion and eggs are staples in my house) at room temp or a little cooler.

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"

One of my favorite things to serve with gazpacho is a nice potato frittata (potato, onion and eggs are staples in my house) at room temp or a little cooler.

That's a good idea, torakris.

Noise is music. All else is food.

As torakris says, the classic pairing is with the Tortilla de Patatas

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?act=ST...ST&f=38&t=17286

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Well, we have a psychic thing going on here. I WAS thinking of tortilla espanola - but again, laziness crept in. Wound up with cheese toast and some salami. And STILL didn't finish the damn gazpacho. :angry: