• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Nancy in Pátzcuaro

Nancy in Pátzcuaro

Toliver, you are an evil influence on all of us. Fortunately I live in Mexico where the concept of Tater Tots is unknown, so this recipe will remain un-made as written. Unless I decide to shred up a bunch of potatoes and slap them in the waffle iron--just sayin'. I salute the person who first thought of this great idea. It''s on my list for next Sunday. In our house Sunday is Bloody Mary day and a lingering breakfast of something eggy (or waffle-y). Hash Brown waffles--just the ticket, maybe with a poached egg.

By the way, if I'd thought of this during The Great Waffle Experiment I might never have tried to make cheese waffles and thus I'd still have that waffle iron.

Waffle on!

Nancy in Patzcuaro

Nancy in Pátzcuaro

Nancy in Pátzcuaro

Toliver, you are an evil influence on all of us. Fortunately I live in Mexico where the concept of Tater Tots is unknown, so this recipe will remain un-made. Unless I decide to shred up a bunch of potatoes and slap them in the waffle iron--just sayin'. I salute the person who first thought of this great idea. It''s on my list for next Sunday. In our house Sunday is Bloody Mary day and a lingering breakfast of something eggy (or waffle-y). Hash Brown waffles--just the ticket.

By the way, if I'd thought of this during The Great Waffle Experiment I might have avoided cheese waffles and thus I'd still have that waffle iron.

Waffle on!

Nancy in Patzcuaro