• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mexican Food, especially green chili...

TheCup

I haven't found anything even remotely similar to NM style cooking in the NE. We usually either order frozen green chile from Hatch or (more often than not) make a trip out there (we've got family there, so at least we're not going just for the chile - but that doesn't mean we wouldn't) and bring it back with us on the plane. (And of course, don't forget to pick up some Chimayo chile powder while you're there!) Then we can have all the homemade green chile stew, enchiladas, tamales, and chile rellenos we want. I haven't gotten around to making stuffed sopaipillas yet, but I plan to eventually.

Man, that all sounds soooo good. Now my mouth is seriously watering. Might be time to make the trip. Maybe I can make it for chile roasting season....

DO NOT pass thru Espanola,NM on your way from Santa Fe to Taos

without stopping at El Parasol...it's worth a detour. only take out.....

turn east at the intersection where Long John Silver sign...ask Spike

of Spike & Charlie's of Baltimore.....this IS New Mexico.