• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bear Pit BBQ

In Burien, there has been some recent rumblings about a good BBQ place. A Stranger Chow article had an interesting way of saying they liked it. I also read a thread about it on Chowhound the other day during my monthly check in. :wink:

My only argument with the article is the part about the rib sliding out from the meat cleanly. This is usually a sign of overcooking and not a very good sign at all.

In any case, it sounds worth a check out.

Col?

Ben

Gimme what cha got for a pork chop!

-Freakmaster

I have two words for America... Meat Crust.

-Mario

That's awlfully down yonder. They don't take kindly to strangers in them there parts.  :wink:

Hey, that there is my neck o' the woods. If girl chow and I go with you, the other locals will leave you be..... :raz:

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

Yeah, come on down to the south end! Tighe will stash you in the back of his pickup and I'll bring my six shooter for protection for you northerners and we'll go check out 'em ribs.

I'm curious about this place. Tighe, have you tried?

A palate, like a mind, works better with exposure and education and is a product of its environment.

-- Frank Bruni

Yeah, come on down to the south end! Tighe will stash you in the back of his pickup and I'll bring my six shooter for protection for you northerners and we'll go check out 'em ribs.

I'm curious about this place. Tighe, have you tried?

Haven't tried it. In fact, hadn't heard of it 'til Schielke's post. Probably demonstrates how limited my south end dining knowledge really is. I'm definitely up for trying it some time....

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946