• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

15 Indian for $15!

From this Sunday through Mar 31 (Friday and Sat excluded), you can go get a three course indian meal and any of the places listed below for only $15. $1 dollar of each meal goes to UNICEF.

You can bet your sweet ass that I am gonna check it out.

Ben

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bukhara in Issaquah (425-392-8743)

India Gate in Bellevue (425-747-1075)

Raga Cuisine of India in Kirkland (425-827-3300)

Sahib in Redmond (425-883-8989)

Kanishka in Redmond (425-869-9182)

Mayuri Indian Cuisine in Bellevue (425-641-4442)

Shamiana Restaurant in Kirkland (425-827-4902)

Banjara Cuisine of India (206-282-7752)

Chutneys Bistro in Wallingford (206-634-1000) and Queen Anne (206-284-6799)

Masala of India Cuisine (206-417-1118)

Shamiana Restaurant (206-524-3664)

Bombay Grill and Lounge (206-548-9999)

India Bistro (206-783-5080)

Sahib in Edmonds (425-775-2828)

Edited by Schielke (log)

Gimme what cha got for a pork chop!

-Freakmaster

I have two words for America... Meat Crust.

-Mario

I have been to Shamiana and Sahib and liked both of them. They are both a bit more upscale than the average joint and their prices reflect it a bit. Not fancy, but they try a little harder I think.

We had a really interesting app at Sahib called the (something) porcupine: it was a crab cake with spices and cream cheese that had all of these really thin uncooked noodles stuck to it like a porcupine. Pretty interesting, but pretty ackward.

Ben

Gimme what cha got for a pork chop!

-Freakmaster

I have two words for America... Meat Crust.

-Mario

I've been to Raga, three Chutney's and Bukhara, but I found that none of the above match the quality at Taste of India by the Blue Onion Bistro (shameless plug for the MIA PapaChef). :biggrin:

A palate, like a mind, works better with exposure and education and is a product of its environment.

-- Frank Bruni

Must have been in the paper, not here, that someone said, so this means with the 25 for $25 and the 15 for $15, that we have 40 for $40? But doesn't it really mean that we have 40 for $21.25!

Klink - This is only a fraction of the Indian restaurants in the area.

Ben - I always liked the idea of Shamiana being renamed Shimania too!

Must have been in the paper, not here, that someone said, so this means with the 25 for $25 and the 15 for $15, that we have 40 for $40? But doesn't it really mean that we have 40 for $21.25!

Depends on how many meals per day you're planning to eat at the restaurants and whether you're calculating your average cost per meal or per day.....

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946