• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Sid Post

Sid Post

typo/autocorrect

2 hours ago, weinoo said:

6 people happily shared a full pint of farmer's market strawberry sorbet on July 4th this week, garnished with fresh watermelon.  2 quarts sure seems like an awful lot for 2, 3, or even 4 people!

I grew up on a farm and still live on one so, I guess I'm a big eater because a pint to me is a small serving size.  Growing up with mom, dad, and the three kids put a really hurtin' on a 6qt batch ice cream many weekends of Summer.  Once and while we 'might' have a quart left for the freezer.

Sid Post

Sid Post

2 hours ago, weinoo said:

6 people happily shared a full pint of farmer's market strawberry sorbet on July 4th this week, garnished with fresh watermelon.  2 quarts sure seems like an awful lot for 2, 3, or even 4 people!

I grew up on a farm and still live on one so, I guess I'm a big eater because a pint to me is a small serving size.  Growing up with mom, dad, and the three kids put a really hurtin' on a 6qt batch ice cream man weekend of Summer.  Once and while we 'might' have a quart left for the freezer.