• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

We have an OTR microwave that came with our new home.  Great for defrosting and reheating.  We have an Oster "convection toaster oven" that comes with a screen rack making it an "air fryer." I don't give a rip about air frying but YMMV. It's the French double door version. The Oster is on a rolling table. This combination is serving us well. Initially we bought the Oster because we planned on getting a Blue Star range. The model I want doesn't have a broiler so the Oster would be used for that. Our current range doesn't have convection. 

I don't know if this helps but I'm putting it out there as my experience. 

Porthos

Porthos

We have an OTR microwave that came with our newhome.  Great for defrosting and reheating.  We have an Oster "convection toaster oven" that comes with a screen rack making it an "air fryer." I don't give a rip about air frying but YMMV. It's the French double door version. The Oster is on a rolling table. This combination is serving us well. Initially we bought the Oster because we planned on getting a Blue Star range. The model I want doesn't have a broiler so the Oster would be used for that. Our current range doesn't have convection. 

I don't know if this helps but I'm putting it out there as my experience.