• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Balancing a recipe for a chocolate truffle

Hello,

I would like some guidance to learning or reading material to help me understand how to balance a recipe for a chocolate confectionery pelase, I am looking for ganche based recipes for truffles. I’ve got the fine chocolate book and chocolates&confectionery books, which seem really helpful however I am still trying to understand how to manage the percentages of each ingredient. Any help or knowledge is welcome. Thanks

Chocolates and Confections I believe talks about the percentage of either white, milk or dark to use with liquefiers depending on whether you are making a piped vs a cut piece. Adjustments generally will have to be made on the fly to allow for some chocolates that have different fat percentages - but I'd start by reading there and get the basic numbers.