• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

Clarity of intent

A follow-up to my original post.  I didn't mention that I used pre-packaged supermarket pork, a product I've neither purchased nor used before. Some people have said that the quality of such products may be less than ideal. I didn't think anything about that when I made the purchase, as I just wanted some convenient pork.

I've since bought some pork from one of the two local butchers I use and the results were superior, much more in line with what I wanted and expected. From now on, I'll stick to my trusted butchers where I can get the cuts that I want ground, and packaged, to my specifications.

Shel_B

Shel_B

A follow-up to my original post.  I didn't mention that I used pre-packaged supermarket pork, a product I've neither purchased nor used before. Some people have said that the quality of such products may be less than ideal. I didn't think anything about that when I made the purchase, as I just wanted some convenient pork.

I've since bought some pork from one of the two local butchers I use and the results were superior, much more in line with what I wanted and expected. From now on, I'll stick to my trusted butchers where I can get the cuts that I want ground to my specifications.