• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Removed extraneous verbs

I tried the griddler in its open position for cooking bacon last night. It turned out to be a nice, low-key way to cook the bacon while I was doing other things as well. Yes, I had to pay attention to the bacon, but it cooked slowly enough that there was minimal spattering. I could have done it in the oven on a baking sheet, but this used less energy.

20240721_081348.jpg

I could also have done the whole thing in the microwave with paper towels, but then I wouldn't have had the liquid gold we call bacon grease. I'll need some of that in the same dish for which I need some of the bacon. The grease dripped neatly into the catch tray below, and the griddle plates were easy to clean after.

20240721_081533.jpg

An even better strategy would have been to use those bacony griddle plates to grill and press a sandwich. As it happened I had the second half of the previous night's sandwich, so it wasn't necessary.

20240720_204535.jpg

Smithy

Smithy

I tried the griddler in its open position for cooking bacon last night. It turned out to be a nice, low-key way to cook the bacon while I was doing other things as well. Yes, I had to pay attention to the bacon, but it cooked slowly enough that there was minimal spattering. I could have done it in the oven on a baking sheet, but this used less energy.

20240721_081348.jpg

I could also have done the whole thing in the microwave with paper towels, but then I wouldn't have had the liquid gold we call bacon grease. I'll need some of that in the same dish for which I cooked I need some of the bacon. The grease dripped neatly into the catch tray below, and the griddle plates were easy to clean after.

20240721_081533.jpg

An even better strategy would have been to use those bacony griddle plates to grill and press a sandwich. As it happened I had the second half of the previous night's sandwich, so it wasn't necessary.

20240720_204535.jpg