• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dcarch

dcarch

4 hours ago, chromedome said:

I wrote a long rant about storage, renewables and their inevitable rise, but it would take us well OT so I've refrained.

I agree. Yes, let's get back on topic, about cooking.

I was very happy recently that the off-grid system I built/configured from solar panels, successfully sous vided a 100 hour 8-lb brisket.

The system to connect the main components from solar panels to controller to inverter to monitor, to batteries  etc. was critical and complicated even for an off-grid (meaning one-way system). A two way on-grid system may be 10 times more complicated.

Imagine if you have to design a traffic control system for a high speed highway that both north going and south going traffic are using the same lanes.

dcarch

PXL_20230930_231341721_MP.thumb.jpg.ebeedb8963ddfc7eaf93af73265cac21.jpg

dcarch

dcarch

4 hours ago, chromedome said:

I wrote a long rant about storage, renewables and their inevitable rise, but it would take us well OT so I've refrained.

I agree. Yes, let's get back on topic, about cooking.

I was very happy recently that the off-grid system I built/configured from solar panels, successfully sous vided a 100 hour 8-lb brisket.

The system to connect the main components from solar panels to controller to inverter to monitor, to batteries  etc. was critical and complicated even for an off-grid (meaning one-way system). A two way on-grid system may be 10 times more complicated.

Imagine if you have to design a traffic control system for a high speed highway that both north going and south going traffic are using the same lanes.

dcarch