• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Salsa Macha

lindag

I've never purchased it but have made salsa macha from a few different cookbooks and have liked it. 

10 minutes ago, lindag said:

But I wondered if this is the same thing as Chile Crunch.

The ones I've made have reminded me more of a spicy nut butter than a Chile Crunch.  Or maybe a cross between a nut butter and Chile Crunch.

Edited by blue_dolphin
to answer question (log)
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, lindag said:

I've been reading about this at ATK and decided to order a jar.

But I wondered if this is the same thing as Chile Crunch.

Anyone tried it?

What a timely post!

I am obsessed with Salsa Macha right now.  I talked about it a bit here.  My mom got some from Misfits and told me she loves it so I followed her lead.  I have like 4 jars in the cupboard because I'm afraid they will stop selling it 🤣. I'd say it's like a nutty Chile crunch.......

Here's what I've been eating:

thumbnail_IMG_5259-1.jpg.d9be90f72c94c1dd3a179e46f9b67f2d.jpg

Ingredients:  Olive oil, roasted peanuts, sunflowers seeds, sesame seeds, salted pumpkin seeds, garlic, morita chiles, salt, lime

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1