• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

Grammar

6 hours ago, chromedome said:

Given that your problem with the big Zo is the death of its time clock

There's a battery in the machine which maintains the time when the machine is turned off. The mechanism to change from Regular Time to Daylight Savings time no longer works (key sequence when power on occurs). But the timer mechanism of the bread machine works fine. What this means is the clock will be one hour off during the winter.

4 hours ago, lindag said:

You might try to get those paddles out using a pair of pliers, wrapping the jaws with tape first so as to protect the coating.

I've tried gently-applied pliers and soaking in hot water without useful result. I have NEVER been able to get the paddles off.

TdeV

TdeV

6 hours ago, chromedome said:

Given that your problem with the big Zo is the death of its time clock

There's a battery in the machine which maintains the time when the machine is turned off. The mechanisms to change from Regular Time to Daylight Savings time no longer works (key sequence when power on occurs). But the timer mechanism of the bread machine works fine. What this means is the clock will be one hour off during the winter.

4 hours ago, lindag said:

You might try to get those paddles out using a pair of pliers, wrapping the jaws with tape first so as to protect the coating.

I've tried gently-applied pliers and soaking in hot water without useful result. I have NEVER been able to get the paddles off.