• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

14 hours ago, KennethT said:

I would kill for some live prawns...  it's probably a common sight in your neck of the woods, but I have fond memories of a restaurant in Singapore that had maybe 30 different tanks of live seafood and the "fisherman" would go out with a net when an order came in - the prawns would literally jump out of the tank!

There are indeed many such places here, too. Fresh (as in live) fish and seafood is de rigueur in many parts of Asia.

This one is on the street where I live. The customer goes up to the tanks and points out exactly which specimen of whatever it is they want. Then a member of staff fishes it out.

DSC04048.JPG

liuzhou

liuzhou

5 hours ago, KennethT said:

I would kill for some live prawns...  it's probably a common sight in your neck of the woods, but I have fond memories of a restaurant in Singapore that had maybe 30 different tanks of live seafood and the "fisherman" would go out with a net when an order came in - the prawns would literally jump out of the tank!

There are indeed many such places here, too. Fresh (as in live) fish and seafood is de rigueur de rigeur in many parts of Asia.

This one is on the street where I live. The customer goes up to the tanks and points out exactly which specimen of whatever it is they want. Then a member of staff fishes it out.

DSC04048.JPG

liuzhou

liuzhou

3 hours ago, KennethT said:

There are indeed many such places here, too. Fresh (as in live) fish and seafood is de rigueur de rigeur in many parts of Asia.

This one is on the street where I live.

DSC04048.JPG

liuzhou

liuzhou

DSC04048.thumb.JPG.b77bc3dfb5ea7bdd6d0e8e11b6c8f8e3.JPG

DSC04048.JPG

liuzhou

liuzhou

There are indeed many such places here, too. Fresh (as in live) fish and seafood is de rigeur in many parts of Asia.

DSC04048.JPG

liuzhou

liuzhou

There are many such places here, too. Fresh (as in live) fish and seafood is de rigeur in many parts of Asia.

DSC04048.JPG