• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Added comment

33 minutes ago, Dave the Cook said:

I suggest you make your own. Here's a recipe to get you started: What's dis here sauce? There's a related topic here.

It's kind of sweet to start with (sweeter than L&P, anyway). Also, I'm not sure where the sauternes would fit in. Maybe instead of one of the vinegars?

Thanks, Dave. I notice you don't have tamarind in the recipe. Did you try it and discard the idea? (It may be too long ago to remember.)

eta I'm not sure about the sauternes either. I was thinking along the lines of white balsamic vinegar, since we already have that around and it's another of DH's preferred condiments.

Smithy

Smithy

32 minutes ago, Dave the Cook said:

I suggest you make your own. Here's a recipe to get you started: What's dis here sauce? There's a related topic here.

It's kind of sweet to start with (sweeter than L&P, anyway). Also, I'm not sure where the sauternes would fit in. Maybe instead of one of the vinegars?

Thanks, Dave. I notice you don't have tamarind in the recipe. Did you try it and discard the idea? (It may be too long ago to remember.)

eta I'm not sure about the sauternes either. I was thinking along the lines of white balsamic vinegar, since we already have that around and it's another of DH's preferred condiments.