• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

It has often been said that during World War II, the nutrition levels in the UK under sternly enforced rationing laws, were higher than normal and people generally healthier. People could only get limited supplies, but nutritious ones, so didn't fill up on junk.

Although I was born under rationing, I don't really remember it. Didn't eat a banana or ice cream until I was about 8 or 9.

I'm not claiming the food was great, but it was nutritious.

liuzhou

liuzhou

It has often been said that during World War II, the nutrition levels in the UK under sternly enforced rationing laws, were higher than normal. People could only get limited supplies, but nutritious ones, so didn't fill up on junk.

Although I was born under rationing, I don't really remember it. Didn't eat a banana or ice cream until I was about 8 or 9.

liuzhou

liuzhou

It has often been said that during World War II, the nutrition levels in the UK were higher than normal under complusory rationing. People could only get limited supplies, but nutritious ones, so didn't fill up on junk.