• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Dejah

Dejah

Would they just be oysters that are too small or not of the best quality to be featured as a main dish on their own?

Dejah

Dejah

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

Can anyone tell me what sauce oysters are? They are called for as an ingredient in an old English recipe for Lancashire Hotpot  from Victorian times.

I'm not asking about oyster sauce.  I am not asking about sauce for oysters. Both of which Google is happy to give me. 
Thanks. 

Oh Anna, have I opened a whole new can of worms (oysters" in making Lancashire Hotpot? 🤪

Dejah

Dejah

1 hour ago, Anna N said:

Can anyone tell me what sauce oysters are? They are called for as an ingredient in an old English recipe for Lancashire Hotpot  from Victorian times.

I'm not asking about oyster sauce.  I am not asking about sauce for oysters. Both of which Google is happy to give me. 
Thanks. 

Oh Anna, have I opened a whole new can of oysters in making Lancashire Hotpot? 🤪