• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

A friend posted this recipe for Lemon Magic Cake yesterday and I made it yesterday. It is'magic' because it separates into three separate layers as it bakes.  About 7 or 8 minutes after I put it in the oven I realized I'd forgotten to add the vanilla so I added it then. I don't think it made a difference in the outcome. it was pretty much what we had for dinner.  Charlie really liked it. I'd like to make it with lime juice next time and perhaps, sometime, see if I can get similar results with cocoa powder or syrup.  I'll have to think about how it might work with chocolate.

IMG_0843.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

A friend posted this recipe for Lemon Magic Cake yesterday and I made it yesterday. It is'magic' because it separates into three separate layers as it bakes.  About 7 or 8 minutes after I put it in the oven I realized I'd forgotten to add the vanilla so I added it then. I don't think it made a difference in the outcome. it was pretty much what we had for dinner.  Charlie really liked it. I'd like to make it with lime juice next time and perhaps, sometime, see if I can get similar results with cocoa powder or syrup.  I'll have to think about hoe it might work with chocolate.

IMG_0843.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

A friend posted this recipe for Lemon Magic Cake yesterday and I made it yesterday. It is'magic' because it separates into three separate layers as it bakes.  About 7 or 8 minutes after I put it in the oven I realized I'd forgotten to add the vanilla so I added it then. I don't think it made a difference in the outcome.  Charlie really liked it. I'd like to make it with lime juice next time and perhaps, sometime, see if I can get similar results with cocoa powder or syrup.  I'll have to think about hoe it might work with chocolate.

IMG_0843.jpg