• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

A while back Charlie was telling me about when he lived in Seattle and 1. How the many Chicken Teriyaki restaurants were all alike and how good they were (and about the China Coast salad dressing)  2. The chicken thighs he made at home that was just to dump some undiluted Mushroom soup over the chicken pieces and bake them.  I was planning to make a more ingredient version of the dump recipe today but  overnight he brought home a bottle of teriyaki sauce form a restaurant here in Kansas City that he said tastes like the West Coast version. So I got a little more thighs and tried both.   I wasn't very hungry and just had a taste of both.  I liked the teriyaki that was grilled outside.i

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

A while back Charlie was telling me about when he lived in Seattle and 1. How good the many Chicken Teriyaki were all alike and were good (and about the China Coast salad dressing)  2. The chicken thighs he made at home that was just to dump some undiluted Mushroom soup over the chicken pieces and bake them.  I was planning to make a more ingredient version of the dump recipe today but  overnight he brought home a bottle of teriyaki sauce form a restaurant here in Kansas City that tastes like the West Coast version. So I got a little more thighs and tried both.   I wasn't very hungry and just had a taste of both.  I liked the teriyaki that was grilled outside.i

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg