• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie reminisced about his mom making bulgogi stew when he visited her. He said she made it once a week with leftover bulgogi and asked if I could make some. I had never had it or even recall hearing about it but I looked up a recipe and went to the Korean store. I wasn't looking forward to making bulgogi then turning it into a stew. I went to get some ready made bulgogi but actually found packets of Bulgogi stew.  All I needed to do was tear open the package and heat it up.  It's really good but Charlie said it was much more intensely flavored than his mom's.  Her broth is almost like Korean Bone Soup he said.  He thinks he will water it down when he heats up left overs.

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie reminisced about his mom making bulgogi stew when he visited her. He said she made it once a week with leftover bulgogi and asked if I could make some. I had never had it or even recall hearing about it but I looked up a recipe and went to the Korean store. I wasn't looking forward to making bulgogi then turning it into a stew. I went to get some ready made bulgogi but actually found packets of Bulgogigogi stew.  All I needed to do was tear open the package and heat it up.  It's really good but Charlie said it was much more intensely flavored than his mom's.  Her broth is almost like Korean Bone Soup he said.  He thinks he will water it down when he heats up left overs.

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

Charlie reminisced about his mom making this stew when he visited her, and asked if I could make some. I had never had it or even recall hearing about it but I looked up a recipe and went to the Korean store. I wasn't looking forward to making bulgogi then turning it into a stew. I went to get some ready made bulgogi but actually found packets of Bulgogigogi stew.  All I needed to do was tear open the package and heat it up.  It's really good but Charlie said it was much more intensely flavored than his mom's.  Her broth is almost like Korean Bone Soup he said.  He thinks he will water it down when he heats up left overs.

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg