• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

Costco had panko breaded frozen shrimp as a "Hot Buy".   I impulsed bought.   

I put them in my newly acquired Chefman for about 10 min.  Maybe that was a *bit too long, but they were satisfyingly crispy.   Nice size shrimp.  I dipped in a sweet and sour sauce.

Anyone do frozen clam strips/bellies in air fryer yet?  That's my favorite all time breaded seafood dish, so hard to find anymore as bar food.   If so, what supermarket brands are good?   

I have noticed that the air fryer can be a convenience food enabler (ie egg rolls, fries, breaded shrimp).   I have never been a frozen food/meal buyer per se, always wanted to do from scratch.   Now I have those things in the freezer, for better or for worse.

lemniscate

lemniscate

Costco had panko breaded frozen shrimp as a "Hot Buy".   I impulsed bought.   

I put them in my newly acquired Chefman for about 10 min.  Maybe that was a *bit too long, but they were satisfyingly crispy.   Nice size shrimp.  I dipped in a sweet and sour sauce.

Anyone do clam strips/bellies in air fryer yet?  That's my favorite all time breaded seafood dish, so hard to find anymore as bar food.   If so, what supermarket brands are good?   

I have noticed that the air fryer can be a convenience food enabler (ie egg rolls, fries, breaded shrimp).   I have never been a frozen food/meal buyer per se, always wanted to do from scratch.   Now I have those things in the freezer, for better or for worse.