• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

Transcription failures.

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

Now, I doubt very much that I would ever bake anything in an air fryer and so it really didn't matter, but I thought someone might be interested in how well the baking function worked.  It might be nice if some company manufactured one with a window.

Well you have my admiration for even trying it. When I googled “baking in the air fryer” I was shocked to see how many recipes there are. The problem is that it is very hard to judge the real results. There does appear to be a Bundt pan for some air fryers which might improve the success rate. Nevertheless I have to wonder if it’s a case of once you have a hammer everything is a nail. I can certainly see if the air fryer were the only appliance available then it might be worth the effort to perfect baking in it. 

Anna N

Anna N

1 hour ago, ElsieD said:

Now, I doubt very much that I would ever bake anything in an air fryer and so it really didn't matter, but I thought someone might be interested in how well the baking function worked.  It might be nice if some company manufactured one with a window.

Well you have my admiration for even trying it. When I googled baking in the air fryer I was shocked to see how many recipes there are. The problem is that it is very hard to judge the real results. It does appear to be a Bundt pan for some air fryers which might improve the success rate. Nevertheless I have to wonder if it’s a case of once you have a hammer everything is a nail. I can certainly see if the air fryer with the only appliance available then might be worth the effort to perfect baking in it.