• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

Yes, I find  the air fryer does cook foods quicker.   One needs to check frequently the first time you try something.

I have only used Yukon golds from the garden to make the hickory sticks but I think Russets would also work fine.

the potatoes are thinly sliced and soaked in water for at least 30 minutes.  They are dried and thinly sliced into sticks, tossed in 1teaspoon or so of duck fat or whatever fat you want, then put in a 390f air fryer for two or three five minute time periods with shaking in between until they are brown and crisp.  I toss them in my salt seasoning and spread on a sheet pan to cool.

Okanagancook

Okanagancook

Yes, I find  the air fryer does cook foods quicker.   One needs to check frequently the first time you try something.

I have only used Yukon golds from the garden to make the hickory sticks but I think Russets would also work fine.

the potatoes are thinly sliced and soaked in water for at least 30 minutes.  They are dried and thinly sliced into sticks, tossed in 1teaspoon or so of duck fat or whatever fat you want, then put in a 390f oven for two or three five minute time periods with shaking in between until they are brown and crisp.  I toss them in my salt seasoning and spread on a sheet pan to cool.