• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Marlene

Marlene

54 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@Marlene 

thank you so much for

posting the various stages of your

efforts.

ay I ask what sort of '' smoker "' you use ?

Im very curious of all sorts of types etc.

Id very much like to hear more on

your Potato Salad .

when y0ou might get to ti .

many thanks .

:) I'm using a pellet smoker, a traeger timberline 850.  I'm using cherry pellets for this with beer based mop every couple of hours.   I had a green egg and sold it and bought the Traeger 4 years ago and I love it.  It also has a super smoke function so if you want a heavier smoky taste you can use that as well because pellet smokers do not give as much of a smoke flavour as charcoal and wood does.  

For the potato salad, I use baby reds, then quarter them, toss them in olive oil salt and pepper,  and roast till they're done and browned.  To the dressing, I not only add 1/4 cup miracle whip (yes I know lol) to the mayonnaise but also BBQ sauce. along with dijon, worchestershire, a pinch   of old bay spice ,   and a  bit of apple cider vinegar.  Both the miracle whip and the bbq sauce give it an extra tang if you will that is not usually present in most potato salads.  To the potatoes when they are done I add chopped green onion, crisp bacon and hard boiled eggs. 

Marlene

Marlene

26 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@Marlene 

thank you so much for

efforts.

your Potato Salad .

many thanks .

:) I'm using a pellet smoker, a traeger timberline 850.  I'm using cherry pellets for this with beer based mop every couple of hours.   I had a green egg and sold it and bought the Traeger 4 years ago and I love it.  It also has a super smoke function so if you want a heavier smoky taste you can use that as well because pellet smokers do not give as much of a smoke flavour as charcoal and wood does.  

For the potato salad, I use baby reds, then quarter them toss them in olive oil salt and pepper,  and roast till they're done and browned.  To the dressing, I not only add 1/4 cup miracle whip (yes I know lol) to the mayonnaise but also BBQ sauce. along with dijon, worchestershire, a pinch   of old bay spice ,   and a  bit of apple cider vinegar.  Both the miracle whip and the bbq sauce give it an extra tang if you will that is not usually present in most potato salads.  To the potatoes when they are done I add chopped green onion and crisp bacon.  

Marlene

Marlene

13 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@Marlene 

thank you so much for

efforts.

your Potato Salad .

many thanks .

For the potato salad, I use baby reds, then quarter them toss them in olive oil salt and pepper,  and roast till they're done and browned.  To the dressing, I not only add 1/4 cup miracle whip (yes I know lol) the mayonnaise but also BBQ sauce. along with dijon, worchestershire, a pinch   of old bay spice ,   and a  bit of apple cider vinegar.  Both the miracle whip and the bbq sauce give it an extra tang if you will that is not usually present in most potato salads.  To the potatoes when they are done I add chopped green onion and crisp bacon.