• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

3 hours ago, KennethT said:

What is the texture of the za'atar like?  I remember the one that my wife brought home from Israel was almost damp still - the herbs weren't completely dried.  It was amazing.

A little finer ground (and a tiny bit clumpy, yes) then za'atar I've gotten from places like Kalustyan's.  A friend brought me some back from Israel a few years ago, and its texture was much more "rustic."

weinoo

weinoo

3 hours ago, KennethT said:

What is the texture of the za'atar like?  I remember the one that my wife brought home from Israel was almost damp still - the herbs weren't completely dried.  It was amazing.

A little finer ground (and a tiny bit clumpy, yes) then za'atar I've gotten from places like Kalustyan's.  A friend brought me some back from Israel a few years ago, and it's texture was much more "rustic."