• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

1 hour ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

What a joy.  I'd never had a chest freezer before.  Amazing, when you lift the lid of a chest freezer the contents don't go spilling out onto the floor.  I relocated my blast freezer to the dining room, and set up the West Bend in the living room where the blast freezer used to be.  The West Bend easily held all the food from my ice bound freezer in the kitchen with oodles of space to spare.

What is a "blast freezer?"  And, I hope you don't mind my asking, why do you have freezers in your dining and living rooms?

Shel_B

Shel_B

1 hour ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Almost every day I get fun stuff to evaluate, although some of the fun stuff is more fun than others.  I just finished a review of a new West Bend 5 cubic foot chest freezer:

(eG-friendly Amazon.com link)

What a joy.  I'd never had a chest freezer before.  Amazing, when you lift the lid of a chest freezer the contents don't go spilling out onto the floor.  I relocated my blast freezer to the dining room, and set up the West Bend in the living room where the blast freezer used to be.  The West Bend easily held all the food from my ice bound freezer in the kitchen with oodles of space to spare.

What is a "blast freezer?"  And, I hope you don't mind my asking, why do you have freezers in your dining and living rooms?