• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

@Smithy

yes .  however , the cut side is thick , as you would expect.

but the other side is the one I use 

IMG_4026.thumb.jpg.b625d15889eaff001ad69ec2416d72ee.jpg

as you note the red silicone at the top.  it does not have a sharp edge , and the edge is not flexible 

next the standard Rubbermaid .  similar size.  again , it does not have a sharp , flexible edge .

in this size its OK .  it does possible heavier work than the green ones .  the cut one is the second from the bottom

and the bottom one is the smaller size  .  it's nice , but the shaft is too short for larger hands.

the Rubbermaid is fine in this size. .  Id like a sharp edge.   the Rubbermaid comes in larger sizes

built for heavier work , size wise .  but I find the larger sizes of RM have shafts that are too flexible

for the work intended.   but they do work.  after all , RM'ds are in most professional kitchens 

but for every day work , I like the thin, sharp flexible edge.

too bad the style is not made in similar RM larger sizes .

but I dont make 2 lbs ++ of stiff cookie dough , in my KA 6 qt ' professional 'mixer'

any more , as I sued too .  RM worked , but w the wrong flexibility in the shaft.

Ill give a Kudos to RM though :  th shafts are red , always a good idea.

P.S.:   for that price , buy tow sets :  one large , one Lg //Sm

cut one edge off the small , close to the shaft ( it cuts easily w kitchen shears )

and see how y0ou like it.  do the same for a large , and see.

pls posts results if you try this.

P.P.S.: the shaft has stainless steel in it.  so you could cut off one side 

until you are just short of the SS.  but I dont know how long the SS is.  

it might not go to the very edge of the colored area.

rotuts

rotuts

@Smithy

as you note the red silicone at the top.  it does not have a sharp edge , and the edge is not flexible 

next the standard Rubbermaid .  similar size.  again , it does not have a sharp , flexible edge .

in this size its OK .  it does possible heavier work than the green ones .  the cut one is the second from the bottom

and the bottom one is the smaller size  .  it's nice , but the shaft is too short for larger hands.

the Rubbermaid is fine in this size. .  Id like a sharp edge.   the Rubbermaid comes in larger sizes

built for heavier work , size wise .  but I find the larger sizes of RM have shafts that are too flexible

for the work intended.   but they do work.  after all , RM'ds are in most professional kitchens 

but I dont make 2 lbs ++ of stiff cookie dough , in my KA 6 qt ' professional 'mixer'

any more , as I sued too .  RM worked , but w the wrong flexibility in the shaft.

P.S.:   for that price , buy tow sets :  one large , one Lg //Sm

cut one edge off the small , close to the shaft ( it cuts easily w kitchen shears )

and see how y0ou like it.  do the same for a large , and see.

pls posts results if you try this.

rotuts

rotuts

@Smithy